Guidelines for restarting bowls – May 2020
Following Bowls England Guidelines
1. Both Bessingby and Deane Park observe identical rules
2. Any member of either club must have followed strict social distancing rules during the lockdown period
3. Bessingby and Deane Park would observe their set days, i.e. Wednesday and Friday for DP, Tuesday and Thursday for Bessingby.
Monday, Saturday and Sunday would be divided between the clubs, i.e. one week Bessingby would have Monday and Saturday and DP would have Sunday, the following week reversed
4. Each club to strictly keep to their set days, no mixing of clubs. On the day that is allocated to either club, that club has the facilities ALL DAY and no evening session from the other club
5. No member of DP will be allowed entry on Bessingby day and no Bessingby member on DP day
6. Clubhouse closed with the exception of access to the toilets
7. One in One out policy for the toilets
8. No rubbish bins in use, all personal rubbish to be removed from site by players
9. No changing in the clubhouse, it is closed apart from toilet use.
10. Bring your bowls equipment with you each time. Your own personal bowls bag may be left in green shed if you are unable to take it home. Shoes to be changed outside.
11. Bessingby sessions for Tuesday and Thursday afternoons will be allocated in advance by Anne. There will be 2 sessions each day 11.00 a.m. and 2.30 p.m.
12. Additional slots may be booked for 6.00p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday and on alternate Monday/Saturday/Sunday (11.00 a.m 2.30 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. ) Please ring Anne to book a slot (02085821801 or 07763566648)
Players should leave 15 mins after the completion of their slot and arrive no earlier than 15 mins before the slot commences
13. Play will be on alternate rinks, i.e. 1, 3, 5 or 2, 4, 6
14. Only 6 players on the green at any one time. No visitors/ observers
15. Only two players per rink, i.e. singles. This can be two players from different households as long as 2 m apart rule is observed. Individual practice if no pairing available or if this is players choice
16. All players to observe 2 m social distancing rule at all times. No handshakes, hugs
17. To minimise risk from equipment, only essential equipment to be used, i.e. no score boards, no pushers, no ditch markers, no distance sticks
18. Equipment that can be used : mat, own bowls (none from the store), use 2 jacks, say one white, one yellow (if we have enough) so each player only touches their own jack, or alternatively two jacks of same colour but only one person “sets” the jack.
19. Use a scorecard rather than the scoreboard
20. Rink markers to be left in position to avoid frequent cleaning. Markers to be changed weekly in line with the Council’s schedule
21. Do not touch another player’s bowls. Avoid measuring for shots
22. Sanitise your hands as you arrive, if possible use gloves when operating the gate padlock and when using the key safe and keys for the clubhouse, alternatively sanitise after use
23. Wash/wipe the mats and jacks before and after use (do not assume they are clean).
24. Toilets will be cleaned weekly, although members may wish to bring their own personal wipes (do not flush wipes down the toilet, take home with you in a plastic bag)
25. Kitchen/drinks machine/changing rooms are out of bounds
26. Hand sanitisers will be available.
27. Members may bring their own drinks with them (bottled water/flasks of tea etc)